Friday, May 29, 2015

NBA Playoff Update

When I made my original picks for the playoffs over a month ago, I had no idea who would get hurt and what would change for teams throughout the playoffs. I would like to think I made some good picks though considering I picked all 8 first round series winners correctly, then unfortunately just two of the four second round series winners, but I did choose both of the conference finals winners correctly. Looking at the two series I incorrectly predicted, some slack should be given. For the Rockets-Clippers series, I predicted the Clippers to win and they were a 4th quarter meltdown in game 6 away from winning that series. They choked worse than almost any other team has in the history of the NBA playoffs. So yes I was wrong, but I was so close to being right. With the other series I predicted incorrectly, Hawks-Wizards, there should be an asterisk next to my pick. Since I picked before the series started, (and before the playoffs even began) I would never have known that the Wizards best player John Wall would get injured early in the series and miss a couple of games and then play a couple of games not near 100%. Before Wall's injury, the Wizards looked like they could have won that series and were playing much better basketball than the Hawks. However, injuries are a part of the game and unpredictable, so what can I do? All I know is if there were NBA playoff brackets like with the college basketball tournament I would be towards the top right now.

With the NBA Finals beginning next week, both my picks will be playing. The Golden State Warriors are seen as the favorites, especially since they have home court advantage. However, to doubt Lebron and the Cavaliers would be foolish after witnessing how dominant they have been. I have to stick with my original pick as well, which was the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Kevin Love injury definitely weakens their team and if Kyrie Irving is not able to play his A Game, the Cavs will probably end up losing. But I picked them to win it from the beginning and to change my pick now would be flip-flopping. Also with the news coming out today that Klay Thompson has a concussion, if he has to miss any time in the next series that would be a big blow to the Warriors and would possibly turn a lot of people to favoring the Cavaliers. It should be a close series, even though I believe each team will blow out the other for one or two games. Since I picked Cleveland to win, I will guess they win in 6 games, but who knows maybe they will win in 7. Or maybe they will not win at all. The Warriors have been dominant all season and whatever the outcome there is sure to be a great NBA Finals that has best of all a new NBA champion team, with many first time NBA champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment